COVID-19 has created another great depression. The world will never be the same from a cultural, social, economic, and business context. Business models will have to be rewritten, and many businesses will not survive. Some new ones will get created. Globalization may be dead. How long the recovery path will be is anybody's guess.
This creates both challenges and opportunities for the investing community. Existing portfolio companies are likely to be struggling, while valuations will suffer a significant negative impact. There are also unlikely to be dividends over the coming year and, unless you are a vulture investor, your dry powder is likely to be needed for your existing portfolio companies. For a venture capitalist, the challenges could be similar but greater as growth companies tend to be smaller and, while agile, more prone to catch a flu!
How we add value
Cedar can be a valuable partner for investment firms. Our 30-year global multi-industry experience, knowledge of the investing industry gained through past work for leading funds, and a proven track record of transforming firms on a fast-track basis, can help funds across various parts of the investment cycle.
- PE firms worldwide have shifted their investment hypothesis and target sectors in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis. Cedar can help assess your current fund portfolio and strategy to build a successful 2.0 model for the post-pandemic world.
- In an uncertain and volatile market, execution excellence is critical. Cedar works with the fund and promoter to develop new business models and helps in executing an agile transformation of business across all key areas, including organization and technology.
- Cost optimization is a key strategy for future-proofing your investments business, a significant part of which includes organizational transformation. Cedar will help you develop a fast-track, surgical, cost reduction exercise across all business areas for you.
- Precise and actionable data will be increasingly important in preparing for a post-pandemic future. We have developed a comprehensive toolbox of proprietary technology that is designed to arm you with the deep data-driven insights you need to drive innovation.
- Digital transformation efforts will be essential for funds' growth and sustainability over the coming years. We harness our deep expertise in digital strategy formulation to equip you with our breakthrough digital strategy and roadmap.
- Organizational transformation, including restructuring and headcount reduction, will be required as many firms seek to re-stabilize. As a thought leader in human capital management, Cedar is your strategic partner in workforce transformation.