The education industry was one of the most significantly transformed by the COVID-19 crisis. Worldwide lockdowns forced educational institutions to rapidly adapt their delivery model to a remote, online-only solution while ensuring minimal disruption to studies. Many institutes, initially ill-equipped with the appropriate learning tools and technology, suffered a significant negative impact at the outset but have since begun recovery through the reimagination of existing physical models.
The surge in demand for online education fuelled the growth of the EdTech sector, with emerging technologies and innovative education delivery tools now taking center stage. Many educators face the challenge of creating and delivering online lessons that continue to be as engaging as their in-person counterparts. This has resulted in increasing use of emerging technologies, such as virtual and augmented reality, to enhance the learning experience, while artificial intelligence is used to automate key tasks, including homework assignments and online assessments.
The growth of online learning has also led to personalization becoming an increasingly important element of curriculums across age groups. Allowing students to take control of their learning journey, including setting the pace at which they progress and flagging particularly challenging topics, will be the key to transforming education over the coming years – whether it's delivered in person, digitally, or through a hybrid model.
How we add value
Cedar has extensive experience in developing and implementing transformative roadmaps for education and EdTech companies worldwide.
- Companies in the education sector will require a holistic overview and restructuring of pre-pandemic processes to achieve sustainable growth. Cedar has extensive experience in designing a Balanced Scorecard framework to evaluate and transform your strategy.
- Harnessing data from lessons, assessments, and classroom interactions to inform decision-making is increasingly important. We have developed a comprehensive toolbox of proprietary technology to help you mine the data-driven insights you need to succeed.
- Despite the negative impact the COVID-19 outbreak has had on the sector, EdTech M&A is booming. Our extensive work across due diligence, M&A, and post-merger integration activities places us well as your partner in all corporate finance processes.
- The digital transformation of the education sector is happening at an accelerated rate, requiring companies to quickly adapt their pre-pandemic strategy. We harness our deep expertise in digital strategy formulation to equip you with an actionable roadmap.
- The rapid rise of remote learning has significantly expanded the geographic reach of online education platforms. Cedar brings decades of experience in entry strategy in complex geographies to ensure your offering is accessible to a wider audience.
- The education sector’s sudden shift from in-person to digital delivery has resulted in processes that are not fully adapted for the latter. We can implement our best-in-class operations programs that will adapt and innovate your existing processes.
- Preparing your existing workforce for a new era of education delivery will require detailed training and familiarization. As a thought leader in human capital management, Cedar is a strategic partner of choice for workforce transformation projects worldwide.