Our client is a Dubai government owned bank and is one of the largest banking groups in the Middle East with total assets valued at over ~USD180 billion. The bank operates over 925 branches globally having approximately 4100 ATM’s/SDM’s employing over 25,000 people. In the case of this project, Cedar worked with the client to develop an innovative service network to enhance the client’s corporate service coverage area, optimise cost and augment the entire client experience.
In this program, Cedar was mandated to develop an enhanced corporate service network to increase the client’s service coverage area.
- Developed a deep understanding of the client’s current corporate client transaction profile.
- Developed an innovative service network to enhance service coverage, optimize cost and augment client experience.
- Mapped the corporate micro-markets that were served by the client and identified those lacked client coverage.
- Conducted a key micro-market mapping exercise, identifying key micro-markets to focus on.
- Assessed delivery models based on the size of the micro-market and transaction profile.
- Segmented a financial feasibility model to understand the benefits it not only brings to the corporate bank, but to the overall bank with this initiative and approach.
This program resulted in the recommendation of a way forward strategy based on the various stages of assessment to augment corporate customer experience and ensured migration to alternate channels, driving profitability.
- Provided a recommendation to optimize channel migration to improve value proposition across channels and suggested a 4-pronged approach to achieve the same.
- Recommended leveraging the self-service channels to reduce burden and footfall on physical branches.
- Recommended an enhanced wholesale banking coverage with the potential opportunity to penetrate 8 key micro markets.
- Identified branch optimization as vital due to its potential to optimize high volume high recharge branches.
- Suggested a migration towards CIT (cash in transit) and SCDM (smart cash deposit machine) across customer segments.