Our client is a foreign aid agency established by the government of Abu Dhabi in 1971, with a capital of ~AED 19Bn. The fund provides concessionary loans to fund economic and social development projects. Cedar worked with the company to establish a new financing program which would support UAE private sector investments, both at home and abroad.
In this program, Cedar was mandated to establish and provide a new financing program to ensure UAE private sector investment in developing countries, FDI inflow to the UAE from developing countries and opening of new opportunities and markets for UAE businesses.
- Shortlisted relevant international organisations with similar objectives as part of the external assessment.
- Conducted detailed analysis on their success story, use cases and best practices through multiple interviews with senior leadership of international agencies.
- Conducted an internal assessment of the current operating model, interviewing
- Interviewed multiple key stakeholders to understand internal operations at the company.
- Assessed the likelihood of potential synergies of the current operating model’s capabilities with the new private sector finance program.
- Assisted the client by providing 4 options in terms of private finance setup.
- Reviewed current policies and procedures, along with a review of international best practices to formulate phase 2 documentation.
The program resulted in Cedar developing a best in class strategy for its clients’ private finance program and providing all documentation required for implementation.
- The client selected the full-fledged operations setup option.
- Designed TOM (Target Operating Model) provided the client with a practical approach to developing their private finance program
- Provided detailed documentation for the clients based on the output of phase 1.
- Result ensured global best practices were followed while also being contextualised for the client’s current operations setup.
- As a result of the recommendations, the fund now pursues investments encouraging the private sector in the recipient countries to play an essential part in accelerating the economic development process, simultaneously strengthening and diversifying the future resources of the fund.