Our client is a leading Oman based bank. The Bank operates through six operating segments: Wholesale banking, Retail banking, Government and Project Finance Syndication, Investments, treasury, and Islamic banking. The client was seeking to drive strong growth as part of its new transformation journey. The bank and its leadership realised that having a strong people framework, aligned with its vision was key to its growth and future. In the case of this project, Cedar worked with the bank in the areas of human capital to develop a competency framework that articulates the strategic, operational and organisational requirements, and also define job descriptions for all positions across the bank. The program also required Cedar to help define KPIs for all positions, using the balanced scorecard framework.
In this program, Cedar was mandated to run a program which would drive a stronger service culture through the bank.
- Analysed approximately 160 job roles within the organisation and optimized the number of unique roles.
- Reviewed the current organisation structure, job descriptions and KPIs.
- Conducted over 20 interviews with the leadership team across departments within the bank.
- Analysed global and regional best practices, and reviewed Cedar’s knowledge repository on development of job descriptions and KPIs.
- Conducted multiple discussions with HR leadership to understand key organisational and competency challenges.
This program resulted in the creation of a competency framework supported by the development of KPIs and JDs for the client organisation.
- Developed market aligned job descriptions for ~ 200 job descriptions for unique roles.
- Created KPIs for these roles aligned to the Balanced Scorecard framework and in-line with the bank’s strategic objectives.
- Optimized total job roles within the bank and defined a set of ~200 unique job roles across back, mid, and front office functions.
- Developed a competency assessment framework for senior, mid and junior levels that captured strategic, operational, and organisational competencies.
- Competency framework was approved by the board and incorporated into bank’s policies.