Our client is the foremost bank in Oman with an approximately $31 billion asset book and over 138 branches. The bank wanted to enhance and improve the effectiveness of its alternate channels. As a result, Cedar assisted the bank in developing an alternative channels strategy to drive effective penetration and enhanced customer experience across ATM, internet banking, and call center channels.
In this program, Cedar was mandated to help provide an alternative channels strategy for the client to ensure customer excellence.
- Reviewed the existing alternate channel operating model, sales and service orientation, product, and service offerings across channels.
- Conducted an extensive review of the bank’s ATM, call center, internet banking, mobile and SMS, social media channels.
- Conducted over 25 executive meetings across the bank.
- Reviewed global and regional benchmarks in terms of product and service offerings, pricing structures and key operating benchmarks.
This program resulted in the successful provision of an alternative channels strategy by Cedar along with implementation assistance for the 9-key call-center initiatives identified across 3 drivers.
- Formulated an overall strategic framework, including channel migration strategy and channel transaction mix
- Estimated high-level financial benefits and developed an implementation roadmap.
- Assisted in the overall implementation of call center improvement initiatives.
- Identified the revenue potential through cross-sell by setting up an outbound call center and training inbound agents for cross-sell.
- Estimated the profits from an outbound call center to amount to approximately $2.5mn.
- Recommended a customer migration to IVR and helped with vendor selection.
- Suggested an improved customer experience management and provided implementation through CRM, creating a multichannel contact center with specialised teams, and ensuring specialised agents for priority customers.