Our client is a large bank in Turkey with an asset size of around USD 0.5 billion. The bank operates services across retail, corporate, commercial, and financial institutions. The client was looking to implement a modern core banking system to help achieve its business strategy. Cedar had also assisted in the evaluation and selection of the core banking system prior to the implementation.
The bank had mandated Cedar will assisting in the implementation of a Core banking system and a branch system to enhance capabilities being offered.
- Developed and created the program charter ensuring project governance across the project.
- Managed the requirement gathering and gap analysis sessions.
- Ensured an appropriate data migration strategy was developed to migrate data from the legacy system to the new systems.
- Created approach notes in accordance with best practices to assist the bank in decision making.
- Ensured signoffs across all milestones to ensure proper project governance.
- Monitored & tracked the development status of the identified gaps.
- Assisted the bank in selection of a testing supplier.
- Tracked and validated the testing coverage, test cases and its execution.
- Ensured a smooth cutover planning to be go live ready.
- Managed multiple suppliers involved in the implementation.
The program resulted in a successful implementation. The results included
- Ensured all activities were tracked and validated as per the governance standards defined.
- Successful go live with the implementation of the global core banking system for the first time in history of Turkey.
- Managed the change management, scope, commercial negotiation with the supplier.
- Developed process flow diagrams to assist the bank in a smooth transition to the new system across 30+ processes.
- Ensured project governance standards were monitored and met in accordance with the criteria defined.
- We made strategy and innovation work.