Our client is amongst the largest banks in Oman with an asset size of around USD 11 Billion. The bank has 58 branches across the country, offering services across personal, priority, youth, business and corporate, treasury. The bank has a long relationship with Cedar since 2008. The client has mandated Cedar with various selection, implementation, and transformation projects over the years.
More recently the bank engaged Cedar to assist in the Core banking upgrade project.
- Developed a program charter and overall program plan for the upgrade.
- Created approach notes in accordance with best practices to assist the bank in decision making.
- Managed the Core Transformation PMO activities covering.
- Program tracking and monitoring
- Risk reporting and management
- Quality analysis dashboards
- Action tracking and logs
- Partner deliverable tracking
- Monthly status reports to the steering committee
- Weekly status reports to the working committee
- Evaluated and onboarded a testing vendor to test the product and customizations.
- Ensured a smooth cutover planning to be go live ready.
The program resulted in a successful implementation. The results included
- Managed testing and testcase execution prior to cutover and alignment with the entry/exit criteria defined.
- Ensured and validated the bank user readiness through the training sessions planned.
- Managed and ensured compliance across 8 testing rounds.
- Conducted and ensured compliance across 11 full data migration rounds to validate the migrated data.
- Ensured 4 full dress rehearsals and business simulations were practiced before the go live to ensure user readiness.
- Managed the cutover well within the planned scheduled and ensured minimum disruption to the customers of the bank.
- The program was managed remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Identified potential risk and mitigations post the cutover.
- We made strategy and innovation work.