Our client is a large bank in UAE with an asset size of around USD 15 billion. The bank operates 36 branches across the country and offers services across retail, wholesale, private, Islamic banking segments. The bank was looking to implement a new core banking system as part of its digital transformation.
The bank mandated Cedar to assist with the project management activities during the implementation of the new core banking system.
- Created a program charter to define the governance structure for the program.
- Reviewed and managed the requirement gathering workshops to identify gaps in the solution.
- Ensured an appropriate data migration strategy was developed to migrate data from the legacy system to the new systems.
- Ensured the supplier deliverables to available as per schedule planned.
- Created approach notes in accordance with best practices to assist the bank in decision making.
- Tracked and validated the testing coverage, test cases and its execution.
- Prepared an integration test plan for tracking.
- Tracked and managed non-functional testing activities.
- Ensured a smooth cutover planning to be go live ready.
Ensured a smooth and successful cutover and implementation. The results included
- Managed testing and testcase execution prior to cutover and alignment with the entry/exit criteria defined across 6 rounds.
- Ensured the data migration mock runs were executed as per the plan across 8 rounds.
- Ensured and validated the bank user readiness through the training sessions planned.
- Ensured project governance standards were monitored and met in accordance with the criteria defined.
- Developed a customer communication plan to inform them about the change post go live.
- Ensured branch user readiness through business simulation activities across 3 rounds.
- We made strategy and innovation work.