Our client is one of the leading banks in Sudan with presence across another two countries in the GCC. The bank operates over 150 branches across the three countries. The bank has an asset size of USD 1.6 Billion, with over 2 million customers. The bank offers personal banking, micro-financing, SME banking, corporate banking, treasury, and investment banking. The client was looking to have a detailed review of its technology setup as per the global best practices.
Cedar was mandated to conduct a quick IT diagnostic as a "Fit-for-purpose" review of current IT setup and formulate a way forward.
- Assessed the country dynamics for the banking sector.
- Through 35+ interviews, conducted an internal assessment across channels, transactions, and the overall business strategy of the bank.
- Identified areas of improvement in the overall business strategy of the bank from a technology perspective.
- Conducted a fit for purpose diagnostic review across application, technology, governance, and organization.
- Suggested a way forward recommendations, initiatives, dependencies, and timelines.
The program resulted in a detailed analysis of the current state across applications, technology governance and organization initiatives. The results included
- Conducted a complete application stack review along with supplier details highlighting the pros and cons of the named supplier.
- Developed a target state blueprint across 50+ applications.
- Assessed the technology stack across hardware, servers, network, and disaster recovery and identified areas of improvement.
- Conducted a people, job band, experience analysis for the technology department and identified areas of improvement.
- Identified potential learning and development initiatives to be undertaken.
- Conducted a complete technology process review.
- Evaluated a way forward for the technology systems along with the key considerations.
- Provided governance recommendation for overall project management.
- Prioritized the initiatives based on the business and technology criticality.