Our client was one of the largest banks in UAE with total assets of ~$40Bn as of 2008. In 2017, our client bank merged with another UAE based bank to form the largest bank in the United Arab Emirates. The client bank’s L&D (learning and development) department was outdated and required modernisation and restructuring in line with its ‘people’ initiatives. In the case of this project, Cedar worked with the bank on its decision to establish a dedicated academy for short and long-term needs of its workforce.
In this program, Cedar was mandated to assist one of the largest banks in the region to design and setup its training academy.
- Articulated CMD’s (Centre for Management Development) key business objectives and developed the academy plan.
- Analysed internal data provided by the client on its current training initiatives.
- Conducted ‘one-on-one’ meetings with divisional heads & key management to understand the way forward training needs and expectations from the academy.
- Executed 24 external meetings across banks, training institutes and executive education centers and undertook secondary research to benchmark global and industry best training center practices and procedures.
- Gathered inputs from Global ‘Subject Matter Experts’ (SME’s) and utilized Cedar’s internal database and industry expertise.
This program resulted in the development of the plan for the client’s academy along with assistance in the areas of partner search and strategy recommendations.
- The training academy resulted in approximately a 20% growth in revenue over a two-year period.
- Developed the plan of the client’s academy.
- Formulated key business objectives, performance measures and internal communication plans for the academy.
- Identified potential partners for setting up the training academy and conducted detailed profile reviews on those shortlisted.
- Recommended implementation strategies to be adopted with academy partners.
- Designed the training program and schedules for various levels.
- Created a strategy map along with key performance measures (KPIs).