Our client is a large bank in Malta, with an asset size of USD 2.2 Billion. The bank operates 7 branches across the country. The bank offers services across personal, business and investment segments. The bank was looking for a quick review and validation of its Omnichannel supplier selection process.
Cedar was mandated to assist the bank with the architecture approach, validation of the omnichannel supplier selection exercise, including the list of potential suppliers and cost of ownership.
- Reviewed the current state architecture of the channel systems in the scope of the evaluation.
- Identified gaps in the architecture, business capabilities and service offerings across 6 digital channels.
- Redefined the architecture for the bank and developed a target state architecture covering the best in class capabilities.
- Reviewed the omnichannel RFP consisting of 500+ requirements based on industry best practices while ensuring the architecture gaps were addressed.
- Developed a supplier shortlist and evaluated the potential suppliers.
- Analysed the total cost of ownership across suppliers.
- Reviewed the implementation contract and the terms of the contract.
- Defined the payment milestones for the selected supplier.
The program resulted in a detailed analysis of the current state architecture along with the final blueprint of the architecture of all channels. The results included
- Recommended a seamless experience across all customer channels.
- Developed a target architecture based on best in class industry capabilities.
- Evaluated a best of breed solutions v/s integrated solutions from a single supplier.
- Reviewed the bank's existing process across the RFP selection to suggested areas of improvement.
- Evaluated 3 suppliers based on functional, technical and supplier parameters.
- Created shortlists based on the evaluation criteria.
- Provided recommendations based on the fitment and PSD2 compliance.
- Reviewed the TCO parameters to arrive at a final recommendation.
- We made strategy and innovation work.