Cedar has a globally and regionally well-tested methodology to develop the Balanced Scorecard. The key steps include;
- An internal assessment where Cedar will review internal documents, and data.
- Analysis of the business context to highlight the existing and potential challenges and opportunities.
- One-on-one interviews with key management personnel at corporate and divisional levels. The purpose of these meetings is to allow the management team to articulate their interpretation of the vision, the financial, customer, internal process, and organizational issues/objectives of the enterprise, their concerns vis-à-vis the strengths and weaknesses of the organization, etc.
- Series of strategy workshops for senior management. Typical output of these workshops will be the business strategy and a straw-model strategy map.
- This is later detailed into measurement templates, initiative templates that forms the basis for the creation of a Balanced Scorecard.